Monday, September 19, 2011

The Plot Thickens......

So....today I was rudely "awakened" to one of my students' misbehaviors last week (which I knew he'd gotten suspended for, but was unsure of the details.) Imagine my surprise when the principal telephoned my room, in the middle of instructional time for literacy, & informed me of my students' suspension lasting until Thursday, since she can't get a court hearing before Wednesday. The court hearing developed from the fact that, not only did this student have posession of a weapon on the playground last week (razor blades) but he actually harmed another student! What a nightmare :/
Then, one of the girls in my classroom had to move her clip 4 times (she's become quite the "talker" lately during instruction) & she started bawling when she was told to go write a letter home, as the consequences so clearly outline, & admitted she's been acting out in class & talking because she doesn't get much attention from her mom (since she's gotten engaged & is a student as well.) That was so sad for me.
And on top of all that, most of my co-workers couldn't help but come by & comment about Saturday's slaughter; the massacre of BYU by Utah (since the corner of my classroom is decked out in BYU.) *Sigh* I'm so glad tomorrow's a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment